Beginning in 1975, the Delaware County Association of School Psychologists (DCASP) was formed as a nonprofit, professional organization. We have approximately 121 active members. Our membership is primarily composed of school psychologists. However, our membership also includes clinical psychologists, school counselors, social workers, and professionals within related fields.
Our mission is to provide evidence-based educational workshops for psychologists and other professionals within Delaware County. Through delivering high quality workshops, we strive to improve psychological services for stakeholders within our schools and communities.
Current Programs and Services Provided
DCASP sponsors five professional development trainings each year. Workshops are held at the Delaware County Intermediate Unit in Morton, PA. Our three-hour workshops offer Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) Act 48 credits and state-approved Continuing Education Units (CEU). These credits can be used to maintain state certification and licensure requirements. As part of this process, we collect evaluation data and submit these findings to the state. Finally, we provide our presenters with information regarding participant feedback related to the workshop’s learning objectives.
- Meeting costs can be paid (cash or check) in person at the start of the school year as either a membership which lasts for one full school year or per meeting until membership cost is met (remaining meetings will not require payment). Currently, there is no capacity to make payment online.
- Memberships run from September until June only.
- Attendees must stay until the end of the presentation and complete course evaluation/feedback form to receive attendance certificate.
- Once in attendance and meeting has begun, no refunds will be made.
- In order to obtain Act 48 credits, you must pay online ahead of the meeting through My Learning Plan at the additional cost of $15 or you may process them through your employer.